Thursday 13 September 2018

Man Flu

Yep, man flu. FFS! Could anything else go wrong at this point?

Started Tuesday evening while flying, sore throat. Headache by bedtime, barely able to speak yesterday morning. No energy, hot and cold sweats, headache so bad I could barely function.

Nose started to run today with phlegm pouring down the back of my throat. To be fair, not any worse headache, so that is positive. Got home from work and fell asleep in my clothes. Much nose blowing, hot drinks, vitamin C (careful with the volume, 'may cause a laxative effect').

Flying out tomorrow, I will still go and see how I feel Saturday at the expo. Sunday is still almost three days away so there is hope, although I know my body and the cycle it goes through when ill, I generally spend a week with a chesty cough after the headaches and runny nose.

Now that there is a possibility I 'can't' run it, it makes me realise how much I actually do want to run it, bad time or not.

2 comments:

  1. Just don't do anything REALLY stupid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a runner, aren't we always a sensible bunch when it comes to running!

      Delete